Sometimes when the stars align and we get some half-way decent scenes I have to wonder how the hell it turns to suck so fast.
Today’s episode was a perfect example of this.
1) Somehow, Michael developed a conscience. I’m not sure how this happened considering all the adults in his life don’t really have one and don’t expect him to take responsibility for any of his actions, but there it is. Reason number one why Michael is better than his parents. This is also the reason why it will hurt so much when Michael goes the way of Sonny.
2) Mac telling Michael that it is important to tell the truth is more parenting than Michael has received in his entire life.
3) The boy who plays Morgan has more acting chops than most of the actors who play his parental figures. The scene he had with Johnny made my eyes well up. Man, that kid is good. My tears of empathy quickly turned to tears of dread when I remembered that this is Sonny’s son and so he is destined to suck as well.
4) Brandon Barash with him. Gah. I instantly forgave Johnny for threatening to shoot Matt yesterday. Also, his emotion with his sister, despite how horribly manipulative she has been with him, was quite moving. Did I mention I kind of love him?
1) More pregnant women in danger….again. Carly being in the exact same situation she was a few months ago-she can’t be stressed and yet! Michael is again in trouble. Yawn.
2) Women who are risking their lives for their pregnancies. Now, I’m not passing judgment on this decision, but apparently you can only be a worth while woman on this show if you are willing to risk your life for your baby. People actually face these issues and it could be an interesting conflict if there was a remote chance that the women might make a choice one way or another. Not on this show.
1) Alexis is again the punching bag. How did I not see the fact that she bought identical white cars as a set up for a car crash who done it? Claudia was run off the road by a light-colored car. See how they did that there? It is bad enough that Alexis is the victim in the mayor’s mistress murder case, but now we have to listen to her daughter accuse her of running Claudia off the road, when Kristina thinks she did it herself. Fail.
2) Yet another woman appearing to have a miscarriage. Way to surprise us, GH! No one could have ever seen that coming. Not with the pregnant women on the show always being in life threatening danger. Claudia has not been my favorite person lately, but making her lose her baby after she opts to have brain surgery to keep her baby safe is low even for this show. Not to mention having the baby mortally injured by a seat belt. Epic fail.
What’s the word for more than suck?