Did you know that Chad Lowe is directing these now? It is still super weird to me that he is even on this show. I think I prefer him as a director to being Aria’s dad. Byron continues to be one of the worst parents ever, even when he is not on screen. Anyway…
1) Ezra’s back. And his family drama continues to spiral. I really liked Aria standing up for herself with Ezra when he was talking about protecting her. That might be my least favorite romantic foil ever. Aria is a big girl and she has every right to decide if she wants to get entangled in your family mess, Ezra! That said, run away, run far, far away! Heh. Ezra mom continues to make mischief. She stumbles on the fact that Aria let West stay the night at her house, which I’m sure is not going to bite Aria in the ass at all, despite the fact that she really didn’t do anything wrong. He kissed her and she told him no. Yes, she clearly felt conflicted and now isn’t telling Ezra. Hence the ass-biting. Wow, that is more thoughts about Aria and Ezra than I’ve had the entire series!
2) Wren continues to be a bit skeevy. He admitted to Spencer that he checked in on her because she broke up with Toby. Sounds opportunistic and creepy to me. But the writers are bound and determined to make him and Spencer happen because well, Wren is cute. But still, the whole thing isn’t quite right to me.
3) Emily and Paige are cute. I don’t really have much to say here except I liked their make up after Paige confessed that she dated costume shop girl this past summer, but told her that she only has eyes for Emily. Awww.
4) CeCe did think that Wilden killed Ali. Well, she certainly has good at the poker face because she didn’t seem to be phased about any of this stuff before. Apparently, CeCe was there the night Alison died. And it was Melissa who took the photo of CeCe, Alison and creepy cop on the boat. Speaking for creepy cop, he got much creepier this episode. And so Hannah’s mom had to run him over with her car. No biggie.
5) Spencer’s family has the fanciest shower ever and it is a death trap. Luckily Aria has no boundaries and is happy to walk into Spencer’s house unannounced. God, guys. I just can’t believe Toby would allow this to happen! It is pissing me off that he is being painted as some cartoonish villain. I really need to see some nuance and some motivation here! But one good thing appeared to happen from this, it looks like Spencer will finally, FINALLY tell the ladies about Toby. About effing time.
Holy cow, guys. I just realized that the season finale is coming up very soon. I’m sure there will be all kinds of bat shit crazy stuff happening before then.