1. Six week time jump! Which is just enough time for Nolan to go COMPLETELY off the rails. Can we talk about crazy Nolan for a second? Because he has greasy hair, a pasty complexion, and only wears two shirts at a time. It’s very wrong.
I BET HIS BOXERS DON’T EVEN
MATCH HIS SHIRT.
In fact, it’s so wrong that even Ems has to break out her bubble of revengy self-absorption and show some concern. Which leads us to…
2. R.I.P. Padma. We hardly knew you! Mostly because you were really boring! But finally, we got Emily stepping up to the plate to really be there for Nolan in his grief, and OH MY HEART:
EMILY: I’m not leaving you alone, Nolan.
NOLAN: I love you too.
That sound you just heard? Yeah, that was me, falling over dead in delight at that entire scene. (Hugging! Offering to forgo her scheme against Victoria just to keep him company! Which Nolan correctly interpreted as THE STRONGEST DECLARATION OF LOVE Emily is capable of making!)
It was good for me, is what I’m saying.
3. I can’t tell if Jack is getting better at scheming or just setting himself up for an even bigger fall, but I’m cautiously interested in his new alliance with Ashley.
CARL CLEARLY GETS HIS “BITCH, PLEASE”
LOOK FROM HIS MOTHER.
Mainly because I’ve been waiting for her to do something awesome to justify her continued presence on this show for pretty much the entire season. And seriously, she needs a win against at least one of the Graysons at this point.
4. I’m not sure what’s going on with Aiden’s jealousy issues, but they’re making me increasingly uncomfortable. And increasingly wanting to see Emily kick him to the curb. Or in other, more sensitive places.
Also, as satisfying as it was to watch him snap Mr. Initiative’s neck? Kind of seems like he’s no longer playing the calm, logical, long-game like an attentive graduate of revenge school should. Where’s sensei when you need him?
5. Victoria’s baby was taken away by nuns! And tried to find her once already! I’m intrigued. But who was the guy in the mask at the party? Just some rando hired by Ems? Or a new player entirely?